Peter Schmeichel: Ex-Man Utd keeper considering applying for director role


Manchester United great Peter Schmeichel says the club should appoint a director of football and believes he would make a good candidate.
United sacked Jose Mourinho as manager on Tuesday and have named ex-player Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as caretaker boss, with the side thrashing Cardiff 5-1 in his first game in charge on Saturday.



They do not have a director of football but are expected to recruit one.
"I'm actually thinking about putting my name in there," Schmeichel said.
Former Tottenham and Southampton head of recruitment Paul Mitchell, who is at German top-flight side RB Leipzig, has being linked with the position.
Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek, former Denmark goalkeeper Schmeichel added: "It's a tough thing to find out about yourself. Everyone looks at you, the scrutiny, and I'm not afraid of that. It's also a really big change in what I've done.
"I really want to get involved in football again at some point. I know I'm getting older, but my life has just turned out a different way after I retired from football."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The error is regretted”: Atiku admits not speaking to Slain Officer’s Wife